Wednesday, July 22, 2009

As a birthday present I get my computer and internet connection back after weeks of silent tantrums. This should be a sign that I don't get birthday cakes and bags of Eclairs to distribute around in school any more, but it's not like I had the most perfect birthdays ever. Waterlogged streets, apologetic parents, incessant rain, the works. Budday parties never really worked, contrary to the photographs I have of them; there was always the necessity of scouting around for a dry day, so in keeping with that, whether tomorrow is dry or not, I shall celebrate. I shall wear what I want to wear without worrying about whether it will rain and make my bra visible through my shirt, I shall not attend class if I don't feel like it (nerd alert, yes, this actually bothers my conscience a lot), and I shall stay out and sing on the streets and hug strangers if necessary because, BECAUSE, for once, I shall celebrate my birthday on my birth day.

It never does to let the excitement go. Even if you're becoming an aunty.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OK you're not an aunty. It's gonna be atleast another 15 yrs till u become an aunty. Till then atleast you can pursue your 'show bra through wet white t shirt obsession":)

Priyanka said...

Only 15 years till actual auntyhood? =(