Monday, July 27, 2009

Sunday afternoon fights tire me.

The household help seems to know more about science than I do; nothing else ties up with why she'd tell me to close the windows during a thunderstorm. My argument was that in the event that lightning struck the glass I'd have to deal with sharp shards heading straight for my face, but it was waved away with disdain because, apparently, the lightning in all likelihood would come into the room, stay there, electrocute everything in its way and then leave. Or so I figured from what she was saying. Minatidi has a voice that defies human voices - it is a screech when it is a whisper - and a stream of thought that defies human thought, at its most coherent it's a babble. If I'm lucky it goes up one rung and becomes a rant. If she's agitated it becomes a fit of hysterics.

Anyway, my point is, I told her to shut it and please leave because she was clouding my astral (or something of the sort), but turns out she might've been right. Wikipedia is annoyingly accomodative of every theory about the universe, but then I'm daft enough to look things up there.



Ball Lightning definitely explains everything.

That's not to say I believe in it.

Which is to say, I should listen to Minati di.

I should also dust all my old Tell-Me-Whys and read them.

Goes to show I'm getting old.

3 comments:

Annesha said...

oh. And I have found you. Like I always do. Yes. That sounds very Short Film About Loveish. But. Not

Priyanka said...

Oh nooo. With hand on cheek.


Like you say it.

speedpost said...

Heh. Hehe.