Wednesday, October 28, 2009

There are people putting up old scanned photographs on Facebook and I was sifting through them, big mistake, now I want to do the same. There's a very old photograph of me in much the same pose as my current display picture and I can't find it. Sometimes I catch myself wondering about whether it's possible to dissociate myself from technology and be perfectly happy; if film burns then there are scanned versions online, if the internet suddenly disappears into a dark abyss then I have prints, but if both fail, what then? One day I will wake up with no record of how I lived, or whether I lived at all. There shall be no pictures to remind me of my favourite t-shirts or the only time I went to the zoo, I shall go the Ghajini way and what then? It's both laughable and scary how dependent I am on there always being evidence, it's not like I need it and it's not like random memories won't keep coming back. But there has to be a trigger. We always need triggers and when there are none everything will be this baffled mass of indifference, that's what unnerves me. Bury a time capsule and there'll be soil erosion, buy a safe and there'll be an ocean to chuck it into, hire a person to record your life and they'll be run over by a car. If you don't want to get rid of something the world will do it for you, and then we have privacy options on websites, it's such a joke, really.

Sometimes I like scaring myself silly with worst-case scenarios because they cheer me up no end, this is mine for today. Contrary to this post I'm very hoppish-skippish right now, if all else fails I know there shall be black grease and a blank surface to draw on somewhere, so all's good. Soon I shall run around pelting people with candies. Ok, no. But winter's almost here, so smaiiile.

=)