Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Third cold of the season. At a time when I can safely apply the word stertorous to every action I do I find myself wanting to be a jazz singer. I want to have a vaguely white flower in my hair, with an old-fashioned dress black pumps net over my eyes red lipstick the whole jingbang, and I want to be on a podium and I want to have a voice that goes to everyone's head. Just like the wine. Just like the piano. I'm really very emo sometimes, only now I'm being stertorously emo. While I was stertorously reading the paper today I discovered that Monaco is now reclaiming land from the sea. Hah. HAH. Now they need land. No one will know what I'm talking about but as I have already mentioned, नो वन रीड्स दिस ब्लॉग।

Hello, hello, it's been a good winter, it's finally cold. I nearly died of hypothermia yesterday because nothing I wore would stop the bloody stertorousness, plus I forgot to wear socks. All this week the sudden cold's been getting me thinking about trying to be environment friendly the coming year, like conserve water conserve paper conserve trees stop global warming types. Only I bet if I made a list of all that I'd have to do it would entail living like... I don't know what, it's horrific that I'll have to be more hermitlike, nope, not happening.

But Monaco got a newspaper mention.

I have resolved not to write my masterpiece after all. I'd much rather write it during some joyless period in my life and then die before I can see how it performs vis a vis the world. That seems like a good idea.

No comments: