Sunday, January 17, 2010

Say you were my love in a faraway land, I would describe this morning to you thus: Everything outside my window looks like it needs to be vacuum-cleaned of mould. Or maybe that's too banal, a better and more beautiful sentence would be: There is fog all around like vague wisps of forgetfulness. Or I'd just say, blast it you're not here anyway so why bother telling, but just so you know I woke up this morning with my fists tucked under my stomach for warmth.

Predictably though, there is no love and no faraway land and no incentive to write anyone a letter, so I'll let you know of my socks. They contain cold toes. And I'll tell you of my nose, which when placed against your bare skin would most definitely induce a shudder like a cold pebble touching your neck. But mostly I will tell you of my hair which demands a shampoo even in this weather, I shall sit down with it hanging damp and cold down my back and write to you anyway. And if I debate the propriety of it I shall shrug once and go on, it is the body that responds to weather first, the mind merely follows suit. Like in so many other cases.

6 comments:

Safdar said...

Dude.the little chips things is SO cool.

Priyanka said...

muahaha. and unless you go through some amount of grief there is no way you can jhaapo it.

Sroyon said...

What a comfortable post.

Priyanka said...

that is the point :D

new age scheherazade said...

oh really. no incentive to write anyone a letter? grrr.

Priyanka said...

Not if they don't write back.