Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Such a limp listless bit of life that this is right now, why write really when all I'll be doing is whining about how it's too hot and there's nothing happening and so on. Everything has scope for nervousness and irritability. I can't get Mika off the playlist. I wouldn't wish this on anyone, really, so much annoying catchiness, but then he sounds like Freddie and I'm just cranky. You can't be cranky in college when surrounded by people you love, besides there's respite when you need it, but today there was a flattened goat's head on the road outside gate no. 4 and this sick Bubai-type kid kept annoying the fuck out of me on the autoride back home. Ma ma oma ma ma oma ami icekrim khete chai ma ma ma LITTLE BASTARD. Then I came back home and suddenly felt chatty and told the motherboard about my day, but turns out she's in one of her reading phases and thinks I sound exactly like Adrian Mole. I can see why that's funny but not now. So yeah, one is supposed to be above this but one is thirsty and jumpy and more than a little bored, I can't think of one superlative moment today. Maybe the bit where Sukantada called the first world war a "little skirmish" and then went into this really cool history-lesson mode, but that's about it.

My kingdom for a thunderstorm.

1 comment:

Rara Avis said...

I love the one liners with which you end your posts.

And no matter what "bad patches" your blog is going through, you'll always have a few admirers. Like me. Not that it's much of a comfort, but still.