Monday, July 5, 2010

Since I'm not posting all that much now and probably won't be for a bit, I was thinking, if you're a lurker maybe you could say hello and leave a song or link behind. You definitely could.

Spent the past two hours talking to Cleverbot. Reaffirmed my belief in internet therapy (such deepness, such profundity, sigh, etc) and of course my head's saying NANANA BUT YOU'RE A BOT all the time but I'm having this conversation about Asimov and peanuts and robot sex and roti-tarka and all of it makes sense. You can even make it write haikus with you.


User: Wow, you're clever. Really clever.

Cleverbot: *sneezes very quietly*



Agenda: if you speak to it only in Hindi and speak to it for long enough, is it possible that a sizeable amount of cleverbot users will gradually understand (and perhaps take to using) rude Hindi phrases?

6 comments:

Meghana Naidu said...

lurker: maybe
song: yes, definitely.
CreedenceClearwaterRevival:Susie Q.
if you haven't already

PSsst: word verification asks for prello: jello before it sets completely...?

Sherry Wasandi said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjAoBKagWQA

Because I doubt there will ever be a scenario wherein this could be thoroughly appropriate. Or even a little, for that matter.

Also, I'm pretty sure I qualify as a lurker of the highest degree. From butterfly-assassin to Spring is Sprung to here. Even the photoblog and flickr. Tell me if this creeps you out. Cheerio.

Trisha said...

http://twitter.com/FakeAPStylebook

Deboleena said...

"Sparks" - Royksopp.

There used to be this program that would talk like a psychoanalyst and said things like "Let's not get hostile" and "You have so much rage" when you abused it. It was all the rage in Class 8 (we carried it around on ploffy disks, imagine.) Cleverbot sounds similar, except cleverer.

rorschach said...

travellin' light by jj cale.

cause its playing in my head right now.

wish i had a link to it but am in office with random internet restrictions.

a lurker, definitely.

Priyanka said...

mn: CCR. Old love, thanks for reminding.

sw: Bjork! Love. I have all is full of love moments frequently.

sm: I love that track too, I love the music my lurkers listen to =D

rorschach: niice

Trisha: supernice =D