Sunday, September 26, 2010

Blog update versus status update, which one to pick? I have a pretentious new profile pic (yeah, Warhol colours, where did we see that last, really) and and insane urge to knock India Art News off my blogroll. The thrills I give myself. I don't read it and the only reason I added it was because I spent an entire day on it sometime back because of something I wanted to look up, I don't even remember what it was. It makes no sense. I'm also not a Pitchfork person but I keep it there because of the feeds. I'm glad I knocked Hyperbole and a Half off the roll sometime back, it's fun when you stumble upon it randomly but as a weekly read it's fucking tiresome. It's weird how there are people saying fucken all over the internet, extremely inordinately weird, when did this become a thing? VGL? But when was VGL? So offputting when you chance upon it amidst what might have been an otherwise straightforward account of life or somesuch. I don't know why I'm still writing this post, probably this sudden rush of affection for blaug, heaven knows this blog could use some love. I don't really love it though, I pretty much just use it like a vehicle I push around, like my poor defunct bicycle. So now I'm analysing this, waaaack, I'm out.

4 comments:

rorschach said...

erm, what's VGL? im sorry, excuse my ignorance.. but i dint get it.

Priyanka said...

Oh. Vernon God Little, should've mentioned that. It's the only book I've read that could turn fucken into a craze.

Pratiti said...

Why is your bicycle defunct?

Priyanka said...

Because I'm too afraid to ride it and it's gone rusty.