Monday, October 18, 2010

I thought it was a good day for piano today but that day's already happened.
Around two weeks ago. These deja vu things keep happening, I'm so used to it now it's practically a religion, call it an indication of the life I live these days but I've enqueued other stuff on the playlist.

Panchami was definitely deja-vu. Iced tea then beer, back home iced tea then iced tea, when has this happened before? Then emptying a caps gun on a terrace and being told about spirits and sniggering inwardly about my experiences with ghosts, shit, that's happened too. The most beautiful thing about Saptami was the brownie because, hell, there's got to be some novelty - a flat you've never been to, a terrace, the silhouette of a tree, a train flashing by, lace curtains that look like pressed cauliflowers. Things like that. Then Neeli and I walked into a police society's pujo at Tollygunge because the entrance had these salmon pink lights strung up above a curving path in a way that made it look like the underside of a long tentacle, then the next day I remembered things I hadn't the day before. Repeat via overlapping.

And because I've already started enlisting things by day, this ashtami was more or less similar to last year's, Kankurgachi then Salt Lake, only infinitely better because there was less alcohol. I bloody hate alcohol sometimes. Most of the time, really, I bloody hate dehydration. My inside's a veritable desert, sir! Wa-terr! Wa-terr! Sorry world, not happening.
But we all cave in, it's an eventuality in the case of humanity and a character flaw in my case. Yeah, I'm smiling now.
Then Sambit made me die on Nabami by making me go pandal hopping all the way to Shuruchi Sangha, no less, then I got back by getting on a ride called Break Dance at midnight, then the next morning I stared sleepy and bleary-eyed at that machine-themed pandal at Babubagan and contemplated stealing a bolt or a nut, but even that felt like it had happened before, and the next thing I know I'm waking up this morning vaguely surprised I can remember it this way.

There are even photos up for me to remember from. It's been a good pujo.

3 comments:

The Reluctant Rebel said...

I ask why you keep changing your blog theme?

Antara said...

It's hard to resist comparing Pujo days over the years, isn't it?

Almost similar and still quite apart.

Priyanka said...

RS: I'm a very jobless person.

Antara: These past few years, definitely.