Monday, February 7, 2011

post type post.



I'm feeling this chatty foodtalk vibe right now and managed to find pictures and everything so you've been warned, here goes. Statistically, I think I've cooked eggs more than any other food but apart from breakfast eggs I almost always cook dinner if I'm trying something new. I like to testrun the food by people who will both eat it stoically and tell me if it could've been better, plus I can't eat a lot of anything I've made so it helps to have stoic eaters around. The real truth is, however, that I'm a baker at heart and would much rather give folks cake than meat, which annoys my folks a little because they'd much rather eat an egg as an egg.

I also almost always never have photos of food because it's a pain in the ass trying to get food to photograph well. These are the only two dishes I have photos of right now, there were some life-altering shots of pancakes with nutella but I can't find them so I'm putting up the two that really made me happy, an improvised shakshouka and coastal mango-chicken curry, both from last year.

I thought I'd make spaghetti and meatballs the next time I felt like cooking, they're ridiculously easy, but I had this brilliant thing at Casa Toscana the other day that I'm going to figure out if it kills me - spinach ravioli with mushroom sauce. I've also been thinking of making brunch on a Sunday just to see if I can because I WILL SELL MY SOUL FOR BREAKFAST, that is how much I love it.

Of course the fact that I found the recipe for baked french toast has nothing to do with this.

Such a long post. Verbose, but long. I call that improvement.

9 comments:

Sroyon said...

This post has no fewer than three sentences which could potentially be my favourite quote of the year.
"Statistically, I think I've cooked eggs more than any other food"
"The real truth is, however, that I'm a baker at heart"
"There were some life-altering shots of pancakes with nutella"

Any post is good but post-type-posts are the best of all.

Sarbajaya said...

Oi oporer chhobi ta kisher?
Interestingly, Word verification: Eatost

Anonymous said...

this is..so impressive.

(but WV - tablet)

The Reluctant Rebel said...

If they can't have cake let them have meat.

Priyanka said...

@ sroyon: yes well but how long can you do it? (weary look)

@ sarbajaya: oitoh, shakshouka.

@ relatively truthful: ofcourse it is, why brag about it otherwise :P

@ saha: you're killing it with these one-line comments.

Sarbajaya said...

What is Shakshouka?

Magically Bored said...

Oh wow, that chicken looks delicious. I want. :|
And yes, it IS a pain getting food to photograph well. I've given up.

Nayantara said...

Pinka, please please please let John and me sample this delicious-sounding-and-looking mango chicken curry someday. Someday soon. *hopeful*

Priyanka said...

Tara, yes yes potluck! I've never been to an actual cooking-party.

Tuna, you too, potluck.