Friday, August 28, 2009

In keeping with Sambit's posts on things he loves, I've decided to write a general happy post, mostly because I think I need it. My feet hurt. My feet hurt so much I think I might have either juvenile arthritis or a deeper, more horrifying malady, that of making bad footwear choices. Or maybe it's just a week spent in the most insipid way possible, I don't know. Either way I want to hammer a huge nail into the wall slowly and insistently, that's how bad it is.

But that wasn't the point at all. I'm such a whiner sometimes I think I'll get NEEDY tattooed on my forehead. Gah.

So. I love the smell of lemon, and of the season's first cauliflowers as they fry on a flame. I love that one particular twang of a guitar right in the middle of a song which turns it into something I will look all over the internet for. I love, love, love watching colour around me in a way that scares me sometimes, I get royally ticked off if things don't look like they're the exact colour they were meant to be.

I love raw guavas and I love the things used to decorate public buses. Also cabs. Images or statues of gods, right in front of the driver, with flashing lights going red-blue-green-purple in that hypnotic way, it's therapy like no other.

I especially love socks and underwear with cartoon characters all over them. And the slow way in which ground sandalwood paste dries up.

I love writing, but I can't seem to do much of it nowadays.

I love the fact that this post would have had different loves on it had I started writing it ten minutes before, or ten minutes after I actually did. Physics, existence, the human brain, whatever, I increasingly think the only way I can be happy is to work for a nerd channel on television. Or NatGeo. But that is another parallel fantasy altogether.

No comments: