Thursday, August 27, 2009

Five epiphanies off my shuffle this morning:

1. Free Ride: Nick Drake
2. The Trapeze Swinger: Iron and Wine
3. We Will Become Silhouettes: The Postal Service
4. Hard to Concentrate: The Red Hot Chili Peppers
5. Tourist: Athlete

Why this is important is because it's today and it's raining and I'm going to spend another half an hour sitting on the floor with the curtains drawn. There is a very good chance I will get up and dance around in striped socks, give it another seven minutes. Sometimes I think I shall die of this euphoria but there is always solemnity around when you don't want it to be, like a black hole at the end of a tunnel all lit up. Another seven minutes and I shall be goofy as I want to before I get down to crossing streets and watching where I walk in case I'm stepping on a pool of spit again. And in case I didn't mention it, tralala.

No comments: