Monday, August 3, 2009

It is an essentially feminine trait perhaps, but I like owning things. I like keeping yellowed photographs and porcupine quills and other things that people have given me, just like I like appropriating t-shirts and stealing my mother's salwars and my friends' pens and walking around the house in my father's slippers. I usually do it with Panache and Swagger so that it seems like a daredevil act, ergo it's hugely annoying and hugely fun at the same time. I am aware it's stupid and needy but I do it anyway because I like the fact that there are inanimate objects I can touch which have been touched by people I care for, and this is the reason why I shall probably be found dead in a junk-filled apartment someday with a huge casket under my bed full of pointless things like chocolate wrappers and earbuds and god knows what else.

Ask me in person, however, and I will tell you very convincingly that I hate ownership, which goes to show I have feminine traits (the world had better reserve its comments on this one) in addition to an addled brain and a propensity to start emo blogs so that I can write little confessions on them. Happens to the worst of us.

Too much rain today. Hello world. Eager wave.

No comments: