Wednesday, August 5, 2009

When I was seven
We went for a picnic
Up to a magic
Foresty place
I knew there were tigers
Behind every boulder
Though I didn't meet one
Face to face.

When I was older
We went for a picnic
Up to the very same
Place as before
And all of the trees
And the rocks were so little
They couldn't hide tigers
Or me anymore.

I still remember this poem from class two, I can't remember who wrote it though. I looked it up last year but the name was so innocuous I'm convinced it wrote itself.

You know what, it's the tiger imagery that's responsible.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't lie. You wrote it yourself, didn't you?

Priyanka said...

hath. this be pure genius. i never write poetry. *looks convincing*

nina said...

harry behn... glad i read this post which led me to that name which led me to discovering a new writer i like which i always love

Priyanka said...

=)
harry behn. thank you.