Sunday, November 15, 2009

Owing to my attention span and the relationship I share with any kind of visual narrative (eh?), films don't like me. On a normal day I am very fussy about watching a film and on certain days I would do it only under duress and I feel so, so lost right now. It's like I've morphed into an aching frame with two eyes and an ID card and no prospect of food except for the Monginis stall in between breaks. And all the people onscreen and all the people offscreen, and the people offscreen talking about the people onscreen till it begins to go both ways. And how, how is it possible, how does one endure it, how does one assimilate so much in one day? Four films aren't four films, they never are. They're four worlds and it's nothing but time-travel in between, so put together twelve parallel universes and possibly eight more to go, and where are we? In Philip bloody Pullman, that's where, and I will not allow the world to tell me otherwise. If this week hasn't been the most exhausting in a long time, it has definitely been the most exacting. I feel like a piece of fluff. Just that and nothing more.

4 comments:

Arse Poetica said...

Take two packets of Pure Magic with you. It will solve a few problems, fer shore.And since two word verifications I cannot take, you're little poem "Oh Look" is rather lovely.

Arse Poetica said...

YOUR****

my profound apologies. and TWO word verifications after all!uffff

Elendil said...

Kumar, you have come up with a brilliant pair of concluding lines. They will become famous one day. 'I feel like a piece of fluff. Just that and nothing more.' Wah, wah! Puro T.S. Eliot.

'Joisingh' - that's the word verification. Joisingh, elder brother of Rejoisingh.

Priyanka said...

@ ap: thanks, but i'm not going again.

@ elendil: Haha. Dhonnobaad.

@ vikrant: What're you saying, I loved Good Dick.