Monday, November 30, 2009

Stupid.

In exactly three hours I will start wishing I had bothered to read the text when I had the time. This always happens. Right now I'm supposed to be reading about the text instead of the text itself but no, look, it's Beowulf! It's almost like Tolkien! It has words like gumption in it! It has fighting! It's just a poem. Right up there with all the other idiocies I exhibit lies the fact that I'm good at coming up with the wrong kind of excuses. I'm also fabulous at being happy that soon, soon, soon the exam will be over. I'm not a bad literature student, I'm not really a bad anything. I don't think anyone is. It's just very likely that I'm the lemming PB warned the class about. I'm twitching my nose already, look, and very soon I'll start running.

6 comments:

Roshni said...

'almost like Tolkien'-really?Really?
Yoohoo :D

Priyanka said...

Well, Tolkien was pretty influenced by both old english texts and norse mythology, blah blah, i used to know a lot about this back when i was a lotr groupie. Haven't reread it in ages.

Priyanka said...

Well, Tolkien was pretty influenced by both old english texts and norse mythology, blah blah, i used to know a lot about this back when i was a lotr groupie. Haven't reread it in ages.

Sroyon said...

Your last sentence reminded me of this inane, absolutely inane joke from MAD Magazine:
Do your feet smell? Does your nose run? You may be built upside-down!

Sroyon said...

And what exactly are you doing here? Reposting the same comment multiple times to fool people into thinking you get lots of comments?

WV: knzqdxw
That is a straight 40 points in scrabble.

Priyanka said...

I hadn't noticed, sheesh. On the other hand, you gave me TWO comments. Albeit nice ones =D