Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sometimes if I'm eating something that is small and round, like Fatafat, or those round white sugary things they give as prasad at temples that look like not quite clouds and not quite cauliflowers (the prasad, not the temples), I like putting a handful into my mouth and then pushing them up above my jaw and wedging them between the inside of my upper lip and the gums above my teeth, just underneath my nostrils. It's not as dangerous as putting peanuts up your nose. I like how it makes me look suddenly different. As a kid I thought I looked like Hanuman. Today I thought of wedging five in a row in front of both my upper and lower teeth with the idea that I'd look like Kalki Koechlin or something. No such luck, Hanuman perseveres.

5 comments:

Sroyon said...

I think you mean Nokuldana.

little boxes said...

Take a picture next time!ha ha kalki koechlin :D

Priyanka said...

we have a name for it i can't ever remember.

what? no. those days are Behind Me.

Sroyon said...

We who? The Mallus or the French?

Priyanka said...

Dhyat. We non-Bengalis.
:D