Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I have new books but I must read others first. List:

For Novel and Modernity:

- Madame Bovary, Gustave Flaubert
- The Wings of The Dove, Henry James
- Le Pere Goriot, Balzac
- A Happy Death, Albert Camus
- Ulysses, Joyce

For SFF:

- A Canticle for Leibowitz, Walter Miller
- The Left Hand of Darkness, Ursula le Guin
- Dune, Frank Herbert
- Holy Fire, Bruce Stirling
- Idoru, William Gibson

Comedy:

- Volpone, Ben Jonson
- The Way of the World, William Congreve

Otherwise:

- The Bell Jar, Sylvia Plath
- The Prince, Niccolo Machiavelli

What I want to read:

- Trainspotting, Irvine Welsh
- Truman Capote: The Complete Stories
- Middlesex, Jeffrey Eugenides
- number9dream, David Mitchell
- Istanbul, Orhan Pamuk

Good. I can now hole myself in till November.

7 comments:

Arijita said...

Truman Capote short stories: bhishon bhalo

Anushka said...

I agree with Choi. That's quite some list though. Are you good with owning lists?

rorschach said...

you have no idea how ignorant this list makes me feel :)

i've read only 1 of all listed. what makes it worse is that i know i'll never read the rest. kels. whats there.

happy reading to you!

Priyanka said...

Rorschach: You do realise that most of this is saved-up-for-holidays last-minute college ka padhai for me.
Which one, though?

Anushka: I've no idea, the only reason I made this list was to see if I could stick to it.

Choi: Porte chai, porte chai, whattodo.

rorschach said...

Dune, Frank Herbert. i really likes!

I started reading Trainspotting too. In some book store in Bangalore during them college days. But my internship was over before I could finish the book. kels.

R said...

Ish, I REALLY hated Madame Bovary.
Trainspotting! Orhan Pamuk :D :D

Somewhere Circus said...

Pamuk is my Love/Religion/Life. Sloppy as it sounds.